d'you Hustle Serum

I think this product doesn't need any introduction. It is all over the internet from the time of its launch. I know its pricey but I still invested in this product not just because of the buzz around it. But because I had a hard time running behind each skincare ingredient to satine my skin's different concerns. I am a skincare aficianado and when some new skincare ingredient enters the market, I always end up buying it. As a result, I constantly end up damaging my skin's barrier by including multiple actives with different pHs and concentrations in same routine. So I was in continuous search for a product that does it all without messing my skin and I came across this one.


Hustle is one bottle Serum that has several active ingredients in it (over 11 active ingredients). This product is made in South Korea & I've heard from the words of the founder of d'you that it took almost 16 months to come up with this formulation and this is the only product in the global market that has more than 11 active ingredients in the same product. 

It has 5% niacinamide (sebum regulation and pore refinement),  60% birch sap juice, 3 vitamin-c derivatives like Ascorbyl glucoside, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate and Ethyl ascorbic acid, Resveratrol, Vitamin-e ---(All these 3 have antioxidant properties), Arbutin (lightens hyperpigmentation), Humectants like Hydrolyzed HA, Glycerin and Polyglutamic acid( to hydrate and nourish the skin from within), Panthenol (to soothe the skin), Peptide complex and adenosine (anti ageing and skin protecting) and ferment extracts like Galactomyces, bifida (these 2 ingredients can be found in SK-ii and ANR serumsetc

FULL INGREDIENTS LIST: (Picture taken from official d'you site)


PACKAGING AND TEXTURE OF THE PRODUCT:

It comes in a 30ml sized bottle with cap and pump dispenser . The consistency of this serum is transparent gel like and the formula feels slightly tacky but glides easily on the skin while applying and sinks within 2-3 min causing no tackiness/greasiness at all. But if you have super oily skin, you may find this product tacky.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCT & HOW I USE IT:

Even though it has so many actives in it, it felt super gentle on my combination-sensitive-acne prone skin. Never broke me out or caused irritation. All you need is a single pump of product to cover your entire face and neck area. You will not see immediate results with this product. It will take some time to notice the difference. After going through one entire bottle, I've observed plumpiness and glow in my skin. You can also see slight difference in your acne scars and also in the texture of the skin. You can incorporate it in both your morning as well as evening routines. Just use a cleanser and then apply a toner (u can totally skip this step, but I like to use toners as they make the application process easy as well as they help the skin absorb the product better). Later, I will use this serum and top it with moisturizer during nights and with sunscreen during the day time.

CAN WE PAIR THIS SERUM WITH EXFOLIATERS/RETINOL?

You can totally go ahead and layer this serum with retinol and other exfoliating products but only few times a week. 

FINAL VERDICT:  It is a good Serum formula wise but nothing exceptional or outstanding in my opinion given the price (3200 rs for 30ml) one has to pay. There are so many products in the market that cost a fraction which give the same results. But if you don't know how to layer products with different active ingredients (like vitc, niacinamide, peptides etc) & you find long routines cumbersome & want to declutter your skincare routine you can pick this product. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Latest PenKalamkari Half sarees/lehengas for bride to be

Costco Staples and Money Saving Tips by a Telugite in America