Re'equil Ultra matte dry touch sunscreen gel spf 50 pa++++

Sunscreen is the most important step in my skincare routine and I've used a range of sunscreens till date and I really know my sunscreens. So I think I am the best person to review this hyped sunscreen product.

Before starting with the review, I want to show you guys why it is important to wear sunscreen. Below is the solid answer for your 'WHY?'.


You can see that this old man's skin is much more aged on one side than the other. He is a  trucker and his left side has been exposed to UVA rays transmitted via his window for 28 years, but his right side has been protected and remains relatively unscathed. UVA rays are able to penetrate through glass windows and clouds and chronic exposure can lead to destruction of the skin's elasticity- which explains the deep wrinkles.

 The rays not only age the skin but also pose a danger of skin cancer due to DNA breakage and direct toxicity. So, even if its dark and rainy outside, it's critical that you apply sunscreen.

How to incorporate sunscreeninour routine:

Sunscreen should be the last step in your skincare routine. You can reapply the sunscreen multiple times in a day if you are going to be under sun for long hours. But make sure to remove the sunscreen properly while going to bed because some sunscreens if not removed properly will cause closed comedones. 

Cleanse - exfoliant - toner - prescription product - serum - eyecream - moisturizer - facial oil - sunscreen. (All steps are not necessary.  Tailor according to your skin needs. I just want to educate you guys on right order of applying products. So, provided every step here. )

Ingredients list of Re'equil Sunscreen:


Ingredients list picture is taken from official Re'equil website.

My Review:

Re'equil ultra matte sunscreen is a silicone based hybrid(organic + inorganic filters) sunscreen so it has velvety texture. The sunscreen felt so heavy on my skin and I was always aware that I have a film of sunscreen on my face which I personally don't like. I like sunscreens with lotion/gel kind of consistency.

Initially the sunscreen leaves a bit of white cast but it will settle quickly. It blends easily and I haven't faced any pilling issue with this one. But if you apply more than required amount, then it will definitely settle into your finelines and will also pill under makeup. 

I've combination acne prone skin and this sunscreen feels a bit drying without moisturizer underneath, so if you have dry skin, You may not like this one. It didn’t cause any severe breakouts but I've observed few closed comedones while using this one.

Personally I am not a fan of this sunscreen. I will neither recommend nor repurchase this product. 

My Rating: ⭐⭐/⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (2 stars for their choice of sunscreen filters used)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Latest PenKalamkari Half sarees/lehengas for bride to be

d'you Hustle Serum

Costco Staples and Money Saving Tips by a Telugite in America